Join the R4 Accounting Team!
Position: Associate Accountant – R4 Capital, Accounting
Location: New York, NY
R4 Capital LLC, a nationwide, affordable housing tax-credit syndicator, lender, and asset management firm seeks an accountant eager to work in corporate accounting in the New York City area.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing company cash flows and bank balances
- Ensuring all company accounts are accurately reconciled
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual closings (GL’s)
- Prepare detailed journal entries using Dynamics 365 Business Central and post them to the general ledger (GL) to track all income statements and expenses
- Gather financial data and ledgers
- Assist with quarterly reporting requirements
- Assist with the external audit at year-end
- Handle interdepartmental inquiries
- Compile and analyze financial information
- Review and process employee expense reports
- Process weekly accounts payable
- Keep track of invoices received through emails and Avid Strongroom Automated Portal
- Track payment in Avid-Strongroom/Business Central
- Follow up with vendors for accounts payable and keep in touch as needed to ensure bills are paid on time
- Assist preparing the annual 1099s Reports
- Assist the team or other staff accountants with other accounting duties as needed
Job Skills/Qualifications will include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Strong analytical and communication skills, detail-oriented, strong work ethic, reliable and responsible
- Basic knowledge of Excel
- Ability to balance and prioritize tasks to meet multiple deadlines
If you are interested in the position and meet the minimum requirements, please send a resume and a cover letter including salary requirements to ResumeNewYork@r4cap.com.
R4 Capital is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, R4 Capital will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact ResumeNewYork@r4cap.com.