Join R4 Capital’s Asset Management Team
Position: Associate Asset Manager – R4 Asset Management
Location(s): Austin, TX, or Newport Beach, CA
R4 Capital LLC (“R4”) seeks an Associate Asset Manager to assist in building the Asset Management and Servicing businesses for a rapidly growing portfolio. Primary responsibilities will include managing stabilized assets on behalf of Investors while learning the responsibilities of managing investments in the development stage. Many of the responsibilities for this position will include the following:
- Effectively manage a national LIHTC portfolio and maximize investment returns for R4 Clients. Oversee a portfolio of 30-50 affordable properties.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for external partners, with the goal of developing and maintaining strong relationships with Managing General Partners, lender representatives and management agents.
- Participate in and organize meetings with Developers, Contractors, General Partners, and/or Management Agents and respond in a professional manner to their requests for information.
- Understand and monitor Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (“LIHTC”) compliance. HCCP designation preferred.
- Manage developments during their lifecycle, including leasing, LIHTC compliance, permanent conversions, and stabilized asset management for a portfolio of properties.
- Manage a limited number of Investments in accordance with Bond Documents. Manage and approve draw requisitions through Stabilization for Investments. Final Completion and Stabilization approvals to R4 Servicer Executives or Investors.
- Database and Partnership management through MRI Software’s Integratec database platform. Strong database technology background is desired.
- Evaluate financial statements, operations, equity funding forecasts and tax credit projections.
- Prepare requests for debt and equity releases in accordance with the requirements of the appropriate documents.
- Perform property inspections and file inspections to evaluate investments during construction, lease-up and/or stabilized phases.
- Collaborate with other project stakeholders to maximize the long-term operating success for real estate investments.
- Identify and create Action Plans for under-performing investments.
- Work closely with management and Operating General Partners to develop strategies to address issues.
- Travel is required mainly for site Inspections and will total approximately 15-25% of time.
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Asset Management and have a BS in real estate, business, finance, marketing, or a related field. A person with 2 or more years of experience in the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit industry, capable of demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility and proven success is desired.
Please send resumes and contact information to email@example.com
R4 Capital is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, R4 Capital will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please include that information with your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.