Hiring Construction Risk Manager for Boston office
CONSTRUCTION RISK MANAGER, Boston, MA
R4 Capital is seeking to hire a Construction Risk Manager to join its Underwriting Group in the Boston office. The primary role of this position is to review construction documents, environmental reports, and consultant reports to evaluate environmental and construction risk of R4 Capital’s affordable housing investments. Projects are located across the country and involve both new construction and renovation projects, including Historic renovations.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Review construction plans, specifications, contracts, geotechnical and environmental reports and other construction documents.
- Work closely with third party consultants engaged by R4 Capital to prepare Plan & Cost Review reports, and Environmental Document reviews.
- Generate memos identifying the specific risk issues that require follow-up from the project developer.
- Interface with acquisition and asset management teams at R4 Capital
- Review construction monitoring reports for asset management
Minimum academic requirement includes bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, or another related field. Five plus years of professional construction experience. Previous work experience with the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program or Affordable Housing industry, is a plus. Successful candidate will be highly motivated, pro-active, possess efficient time management skills and willing to accept new responsibilities as our business grows.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Comfortable in teamwork environment
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org