Associate Position Available with R4’s New York Underwriting Team
Position: Associate– R4 Underwriting Group
Location: New York, NY
Description: R4 Capital is seeking an Associate-level candidate with a minimum of three to five years working experience in Real Estate Finance to assist in building the Underwriting business practice to accommodate an expanding transaction pipeline. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Preliminary financial analysis and modeling of multifamily real estate transactions for both debt and equity executions
- Primary point of contact with Acquisition Team colleagues and ability to solely manage transactions from initial stages through closing with internal colleagues and external clients
- Primary reviewer of third-party reports and facilitating delivery of due diligence required for each report
- Collect and review due diligence materials related to underwriting packages, provide feedback to internal stakeholders and project developers as appropriate; includes engineering documents, environmental documents, legal documents, and financial documents related to the transaction
- Coordinate and partake in site inspections with outside stakeholders at locations throughout the United States and its respective territories based upon transaction assignment (travel approximately 10% – 15% annually)
- Produce credit underwriting analysis report for presentation to both internal Investment Committee and external investors
- Coordinate investor requests and presentations when selected by SVP or Chief Underwriter
- Work in a team environment that will require effective coordination and communication internally, as well with developer clients and third-party reporters
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor of Science in economics, finance, accounting, or real estate, with strong analytical / Excel, verbal communication and writing skills. Finance or real estate finance educational background preferred; minimum work experience within the Real Estate Finance sector of 2 years.
If you are interested in the position and meet the minimum requirements, please send a resume, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject of the email the following subject heading: UW Associate Resume Submission to ensure receipt and review by the UW Group.