Fostering longstanding relationships with investors and developers of affordable housing
- Fund Management
- Structures, markets, and closes all R4 LIHTC investment funds
- More than $2.7 billion in capital raised and invested across 18 multi-investor funds and 10 proprietary funds
- Works collaboratively with R4’s Acquisitions Teams to assemble funds that meet investors’ needs
- Ensure fund investments meet R4’s and investors’ credit requirements
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of fund reporting to all R4 Investors; R4 has delivered every report to date on or before the deadline.
- 2012 R4 Housing Partners LP, $105 million national multi-investor LIHTC fund
- 2013 R4 Housing Partners II LP, $125 million national multi-investor LIHTC fund
- 2013 R4 California Housing Partners LP, $57.5 million California-only multi-investor LIHTC fund
- 2014 R4 Fresno Housing Partners LLC, $32.2 million California-only multi-investor LIHTC fund
- 2014 R4 Housing Partners IV LP, $160 million national multi-investor LIHTC fund
- 2015 R4 New York Housing Partners LP, $18 million New York-only multi-investor fund
- 2015 R4 Housing Partners V LP, $277 million national multi-investor LIHTC fund
- 2016 R4 California Housing Partners II LP, $70 million California-only multi-investor LIHTC fund
- 2016 R4 Housing Partners VI LP, $144.5 million national multi-investor LIHTC fund
- 2016 R4 Housing Partners VII LP, $123.5 million national multi-investor LIHTC fund
- 2017 R4 California Housing Partners III LP, $78 million California-only multi-investor LIHTC fund
- 2017 R4 California Tax-Exempt Bond Partners LP, $71.3 million California-only multi-investor tax-exempt bond fund
- 2017 R4 Housing Partners VIII LP, $162 million national multi-investor equity fund
- 2018 R4 Housing Partners IX LP, $224.2 million national multi-investor equity fund
- 2018 R4 California Housing Partners IV LP, $88 million California-only multi-investor LIHTC fund
- 2018 R4 Housing Partners X LP, $228 million national multi-investor LIHTC fund
- 2018 R4 Centennial Housing Partners LP, $25.2 million Colorado-only multi-investor LIHTC fund
- 2018 R4 Metro Housing Partners LP, $71 million DC Metro-only multi-investor LIHTC fund
- 2019 R4 Housing Partners XI LP, $200.5 million national multi-investor equity fund
- R4 Capital has established 10 proprietary funds to date, with approximately $400 million of LIHTC investments under management. All R4-sponsored funds are currently meeting or exceeding the IRR that was original projected.
- Asset Management
To protect investors and all other stakeholders in LIHTC projects, we’ve developed a superior asset management protocol. Our proactive, intensive and consistent method integrates rigorous project underwriting with comprehensive asset management practices throughout the duration of a project. It includes precise definitions of responsibilities and detailed, written policies and procedures.
This rigorous standard governs our management of R4 Capital’s growing property portfolio, which includes 266 properties located in 42 states and U.S. territories.
Our guiding asset management principle is as follows: we’re committed to being strictly accountable at all times throughout the life cycle of an investment. Our clients have direct and continuous access to R4 Capital senior executives and can expect honest answers and immediate feedback.
R4's Asset Management team is growing! Join the R4 team!
- LIHTC Investment
We believe every American deserves decent and affordable housing. By intelligent use of the LIHTC Program, R4 Capital ensures affordable housing is financed and built.
Our proven team of affordable housing leaders has provided competitively structured capital for developers in over 2,000 transactions for over 30 years.
Since May 2012, R4 Capital has raised more than $2.7 billion of LIHTC equity from 90 institutional investors in multi-investor fund offerings and proprietary funds.
Position available: Join R4 Capital's Acquisition Group as a Financial Analyst in the NYC or Boston office.
R4 Capital’s multi-disciplinary approach to underwriting sets the standard for LIHTC investment. We leverage upon the vast experience of our industry veterans company-wide, unique knowledge of local markets and the guiding principles of our proprietary Investment Standards to position each investment for long-term success. Our team carefully evaluates each opportunity based upon its own unique merits and not a “one size fits all approach,” which offers both our development and investment partners a superior and seamless execution.
As our investment portfolio grows and markets evolve, R4 Capital will continue to employ the sound credit policies and underwriting procedures that has served as one of the firm’s cornerstones since inception.
Our governing credit underwriting principle is as follows: to provide our stakeholders with the most rigorous and balanced evaluation of each opportunity to ensure the protection of respective interests. Accountability of our seasoned underwriting professionals to our partners doesn’t end at closing, but spans the entirety of the investment.
- Affordable Housing Debt
R4 Capital Funding (“R4CF”) is a tax-exempt lending platform launched by R4 in January 2016 to provide construction and permanent debt for affordable multifamily housing properties throughout the US. R4CF has originated and services more than $850 million of tax-exempt mortgage capital on behalf of the firm’s institutional investors.
R4CF’s Direct Purchase Program provides developers with a highly efficient construction and permanent financing execution. Through an integrated underwriting platform, R4CF originates and structures private placement tax-exempt mortgage loans to finance the new construction or acquisition/rehabilitation of affordable multifamily housing properties nationwide.
On behalf of its institutional capital partners, R4CF originates, asset manages, and securitizes targeted portfolios of tax-exempt multifamily mortgages to produce attractive long-term investments.